By Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam
This quantity contains a range of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures offered each year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. added via eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they hide a large spectrum of topics in physics, chemistry, lifestyles technology, arithmetic, historiography and social issues.
This wonderful memorial lecture sequence used to be inaugurated through the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts following a world symposium held in Jerusalem in March 1979 to commemorate the centenary of Albert Einstein's start. on account that Einstein's pursuits, actions and effect weren't constrained to theoretical physics yet spanned wide fields affecting society and the welfare of humankind, it used to be felt that those memorial lectures might be addressed to scientists, students and erudite laypersons instead of to physicists alone.
- What Can natural arithmetic provide to Society? (W Timothy Gowers, Fields Medalist)
- General Covariance and the Passive Equations of Physics (Shlomo Sternberg, Professor of natural and utilized arithmetic, Harvard University)
- The constitution of Quarks and Leptons (Haim Harari, Professor of Nuclear Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science)
- Beautiful Theories (Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Harmless strength from Nuclei (Carlo Rubbia, Nobel Laureate in Physics)
- Supramolecular Chemistry: From Molecular info towards Self-Organization and intricate subject (Jean-Marie Lehn, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Chromatin and Transcription (Roger Kornberg, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Energy, atmosphere, and the accountability of Scientists (Yuan T Lee, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry)
- Res Ipsa Loquitur: heritage and Mimesis (John E Wansbrough, Professor of Oriental and African experiences, college of London)
Readership: Scientists, scholars and lay people.
Read Online or Download Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 PDF
Similar general physics books
This booklet describes the idea of radiation thermometry, either at a prime point and for numerous functions, comparable to within the fabrics processing industries and distant sensing. This publication is written in the event you will observe radiation thermometry in business perform; use radiation thermometers for medical study; the radiation thermometry professional in a countrywide dimension institute; builders of radiation thermometers who're operating to innovate items for software brands, and builders of non-contact thermometry the right way to deal with not easy thermometry difficulties.
Built-in technology, 6th variation is a simple, easy-to-read, but large creation to the basic habit of topic and effort in residing and nonliving structures. The authors supply even, well-integrated assurance of physics, chemistry, earth technological know-how, astronomy, and biology. The text’s pedagogy (chapter outlines, center suggestion maps, and overviews) unearths how the technological know-how disciplines are interrelated and built-in through the textual content.
This quantity comprises a range of the Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures awarded every year on the Israel Academy of Sciences and arts. introduced through eminent scientists and students, together with Nobel laureates, they hide a extensive spectrum of matters in physics, chemistry, lifestyles technology, arithmetic, historiography and social matters.
Advances in Nuclear technological know-how and expertise, quantity eight discusses the improvement of nuclear energy in numerous nations through the international. This booklet discusses the world's biggest software of land-based electrical energy construction within the usa. equipped into six chapters, this quantity starts off with an summary of the phenomenon of quasi-exponential habit by way of interpreting mathematical types of the neutron box.
Additional resources for Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1
Albert Einstein Memorial Lectures: 1 by Jacob Bekenstein,Raphael Mechoulam